Custom Search

Go Back   Punk Forum - Punkrockers.com > Reviews
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2007, 09:54 AM

Default California Redemption - Do Not Resuscitate Ep

REVIEW FOR CALIFORNIA REDEMPTION - DO NOT RESUSCITATE EP

A Lesson In History:

A lesson in history... Literally. Also a lesson in reality. So much more could be said on this subject... like an album's worth. Great lyrics though. I think this studio version is a little bit controlled or held back. Could be more powerful... more intense. I can absolutely see this song being a major force to reckon with, live.

--------

Just A Thought:

Really REALLY good lyrics. Educate yourselves. This song could positively be an anthem. "Don't follow anyone! Don't follow me! Doing what you think is right is the only way to lead! Don't follow anyone! Don't follow me! The path of least resistance is the path to apathy!" This is awesome. I honestly see this an a potential anthem. I'd wear it on a t-shirt. Hell yeah.
Guitar and bass work really well together in this song. The drums are almost tribal at times. Great job!

---------

Kick In The Chest:

This one rings true... you believe in something... the Government, for instance. Put your trust in total lawless liars who snub their noses at you. You who they believe are mere peasants. Yeah, it's like a kick in the chest. When your illusions are shattered, and you wake up. But sometimes a kick in the chest is a GOOD thing.
The song is driving, as it should be, for such content. Hard hitting guitars and drums with lyrics to match.
Done in true old school punk spirit. Takes me back to the late 70's or early 80's. *sigh*

----------------

Our Mistakes

This one has a slight metal edge. Dymanic. An easy 'Part II" to, Kick In The Chest. Not that they sound the same... they do not. However, they are both just as brutally honest and urgent. The lyrics, "I never wanted to just turn my back on the truth so much, but miles can't take my mind away" is so true on so many levels, in my own life. I can totally relate here. The feeling of betrayal, anxiety and urgency is right there. If you don't see it and feel it, maybe you need a kick in the chest! because NOTHING LASTS. But there IS hope.

----------------

These songs are a call to action. Overall, they are well written and have integrity. Lyrics with integrity? Rare, nowadays! Hopefully people will wake up out of their slumber (apathetic torpor) and learn something because there's a lot to be learned here. Live, they will translate into a ferocious assault to your senses. Intense, in your face, unmercifully honest, AND educational. Yes! Educational. You can actually learn something here. I like their, "think for yourself" example. You'll never get that in mainstream pop. Ewww... I just felt the gag reflex, thinking about mainstream pop lol. Keep it up guys!
Old 10-12-2007, 10:32 AM
Rookie

Talking

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH! That was great. We really appreciate the support!

Here's the cover for anyone who hasn't seen it:

PEACE.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:50 AM
Ruby Doll

A fresh and energetic spin on old school punk. Raw and ready lyrics and music that makes you wanna get up shake your tail feathers.

I really enjoyed the album.

Ruby.x
Old 10-12-2007, 10:54 AM

Angry

WHAT THE FUCK DUDES! I'm your friend and I don't even have a copy yet. Where the hell can I get one????????????
Old 10-12-2007, 10:59 AM

Default hey buddy

hey buddy, calm down. I'm sure we can hold on till the release. Geeez. Turn that frown.... upside down...
Old 10-12-2007, 11:02 AM

FUCK YOU!

I've been waiting way to long for this fucking release, and now I read these reviews and i just want a copy now. I know this shit has to be for sale somewhere. Interpunk?Downloadpunk? Revhq? fuck.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:13 AM

Default DON'T go easy on the sauce

You know, while you're throwing out ideas like Interpunk and Rev you could...i don't know, maybe actually check those sites out. For your information, it's up on interpunk. Chill out and have some applesauce. Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurm.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:14 AM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applesauce View Post
You know, while you're throwing out ideas like Interpunk and Rev you could...i don't know, maybe actually check those sites out. For your information, it's up on interpunk. Chill out and have some applesauce. Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurm.
if you know this shit post a link dingbat dookface.:eek: ohh snap.somebody got served
Old 10-12-2007, 11:19 AM

Default yo

Dude, i don't want to have an e-fight with you. Figure something out for youself. Why don't you go get the record, listen to it, and then come back and start up a conversation, eh? how about that?
Old 10-12-2007, 11:21 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Doll View Post
A fresh and energetic spin on old school punk. Raw and ready lyrics and music that makes you wanna get up shake your tail feathers.

I really enjoyed the album.

Ruby.x
THANKS RUBY! THAT WAS SWEET!