Custom Search

Go Back   Punk Forum - Punkrockers.com > General DIY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2012, 10:55 PM
Mini Punk

Default Ear Stretching

I bought a pair of 6g hoops about two weeks ago thinking that I was currently at 8g. I dont know what the hell I was thinking because Im actually a 10g right now. The night I bought them, I sterilized them and tried to get them in, only to fail and tear my ear lobe slightly. Ive healed since then and Im considering getting a taper so I can gradually get myself from a 10 to a 6. I normally would insist on going to a trained proffesional for something like this. Money is not so much the issue as finding the free time to do it. Has anyone else tried this before? If so, how gradually should I push the taper through? Would doing a lobe over the course of a day be slow enough?
Old 03-06-2012, 10:57 PM
nativewoman

You don't need to go to a profesional. My brother's ears are at like.. wtf is it called. 1 1/2 inches right now. You're suposed to do it slowly when your going up a size. Put the taper in and leave it in for a day, then put in the plug.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:49 AM
Mini MASTER

To stretch the piercing must be completely healed. Tapers can then be pushed through the hole and will slightly increase the whole size. After a few weeks once the flesh has adjusted to the new size you can do it again this time with a bigger taper.

Stretching your flesh can be permanent so you really do have to think it through before doing it. It's said that if you stretch past 8mm also known as a 0 gauge the stretched flesh won't go back to normal size. A simple surgery can be performed to get it back to normal but it's not cheap.

http://www.squidoo.com/unique-and-awesome-piercings
thats if you want to be safe

if not just get a taper and shove it through your ear hole it might rip but just leave it in
or you can slowly stretch them out by wrapping plumbers tape or electrical tape around your current tapers/tunnels/plugs and gradually add more to increase the size
Old 03-07-2012, 01:53 AM
Mini MASTER

i cant put up the pauly unstoppable stretching guide cuz im at school and it wont let me get to the website but google "pauly unstoppable stretching guide" and its the bible for stretching
Old 03-07-2012, 10:56 PM
Mini Punk

Get some bondage tape, and tape them bigger, that seems the safest/best way of doing it. Acrylic tapers seem to be the worse.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:36 PM
Mini MASTER

Default Ouch!

ya i remeber when i went from a 10g to a 0g... by some sort of godly intervention my ears didnt rip, but they sure as shit did when my streachers hooked into my pillow when i was sleeping that night. It sure was fun waking with my head stuck to my heart shaped pillow and my pink hair all crusty with blood matted to my face! aww well I guess some ppl just learn the hard way
Old 04-13-2012, 07:48 PM
mckiddykilla

take something to lube up you ear like neosporin or vaseline... rub the taper in your lube of choise and slowly push it through. I did this to my ears when stretching both sets of holes. no tears and i skipped sizes alot. I went from a 18g to 12... 12 to 6... 6 to 2 then to 0. Then Ihad a piercer buddy who didnt charge me for stretching only the cost of jewlery. now im at 5/8s in the first hole and 0s in the second.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:49 AM
petefukkinellis

dude in the UK you go up in sizes.

im at 16mm at the moment or 1.6cm
Old 07-05-2012, 10:44 PM
I am New

Hearing that person say 'just shove it in, it may tear but leave it in' made my ears fucking hurt.
I've been stretching, properly, for like 2 years, and am at 00g.
Because you're suppose to wait MONTHS between sizes, not weeks.
It takes months for the tiny tears created by stretching to heal.
if you skip sizes, you tear terribly, don't give your skin proper space to heal, resulting in a horrible 'cat butt' looking hole.
Or worse, a blow out.
By skipping sizes you can actually push the inner skin from the stretched hole to the outside, creating a flap of skin that hangs out the back that most of the time only surgery can fix.
I would wait and let what damage you did heal, and either get some bondage tape and tape your plugs at your current size slowly til you get to where you wanna go, OR get a taper in the NEXT size, and go up slowly, wait a few months, and finish going up to the size you have in the hoops.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:32 AM
petefukkinellis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMorgue View Post
Hearing that person say 'just shove it in, it may tear but leave it in' made my ears fucking hurt.
I've been stretching, properly, for like 2 years, and am at 00g.
Because you're suppose to wait MONTHS between sizes, not weeks.
It takes months for the tiny tears created by stretching to heal.
if you skip sizes, you tear terribly, don't give your skin proper space to heal, resulting in a horrible 'cat butt' looking hole.
Or worse, a blow out.
By skipping sizes you can actually push the inner skin from the stretched hole to the outside, creating a flap of skin that hangs out the back that most of the time only surgery can fix.
I would wait and let what damage you did heal, and either get some bondage tape and tape your plugs at your current size slowly til you get to where you wanna go, OR get a taper in the NEXT size, and go up slowly, wait a few months, and finish going up to the size you have in the hoops.
I go up 2mm at a time or 0.2cm

it don't hurt....